With the sun setting over Paris, SAFRAN HQ provided a beautiful venue with a stunning backdrop of the City of Light for the 2015 ABIE FRANCE Rentrée Dinner on the 29th of September, which was yet again a lively soirée with excellent food & wine and most importantly good company. 2M CEO Tea Dietterich sits on the ABIE France board. The President and Board of ABIE France welcomed members and guests to the annual affair kindly hosted by SAFRAN. H.E. Mr Stephen Brady, AO CVO, Ambassador of Australia to the French Republic and Honorary President of ABIE and guest speaker, ROSS McINNES Chairman of the Board, SAFRAN addressed the guests after President Bernard Tabary’s welcome speech. Whilst the Ambassador also fielded questions regarding the recent change in Australian politics with Malcolm Turnbull becoming new Prime Minister, he also highlighted opportunities between French and Australian trade and was extremely pleased to announce the appointment of France’s new Trade Commissioner Jennifer Mackinlay who has been sitting on the ABIE France board for several years in her position as lawyer with Clifford Chance. The entire Board is thrilled to have such a competent and experienced professional who knows the country and the language perfectly as the new Austrade Commissioner for France. A wonderful opportunity also to welcome new members and catch up with existing ones and making the yearly Back to School/Work (“rentrée”) period just a tad sweeter.
What is ABIE France?
Through a series of business presentations, networking and cultural events, ABIE France members have the opportunity to promote their businesses, improve brand awareness, increase their professional networks and gain unique access to market information. ABIE FRANCE includes Australian companies with business interests in Europe and French companies with investments in Australia. Banking, insurance, finance, transport, travel, manufacturing, media and service industries are well represented.
In particular ABIE France objectives are to promote:
- Networking of French and Australian business through a variety of events for sharing information on trade and investment (including dinners, seminars and other forums with high quality speakers from commerce, politics, diplomacy or entertainment)
- The establishment of business contacts in France and Australia
- French business activities in Australia and Australian business activities in France
- Opportunities for the presentation and exchange of views
- The exchange of first hand experiences and knowledge regarding trade and investment between Europe/France and Australia
- The interests of our members with new ideas, methodologies and channels through which to conduct business