2M Language Services is able to provide a range of cross-cultural communication, awareness & intercultural training courses, seminars, briefings or presentations.
Please find several examples of our course offerings below. Our courses are also designed for other countries and regions such as India, Latin America, Libya and Thailand.
Doing business in China?
If you or your company are looking for success in China – come to the company that will get you there. Our cultural awareness and etiquette courses are guaranteed to maximise your potential in China.
China is constantly in the news and is on the fast track to becoming a future economic heavyweight.
Investors are now recognising that an early foothold in China will lead to long-term benefits. Not only are multinationals establishing links with China, but also smaller companies who aim to benefit from China’s strong manufacturing base and labour resources.
China: Cultural Awareness Training
Our first-class cross-cultural awareness training course is tailored to meet the demands of today's progressive business personnel who either seek to establish trade links with China, go to China on business, or relocate to China for work.
The aim of the course is to help prepare for dealings with the Chinese by imparting invaluable knowledge that will assist in building strong interpersonal relationships, promote clear lines of communication and help minimise cross-cultural misunderstandings.
Prior to delivering our cross-cultural communication course, we will analyse your needs and establish the most relevant information for you.
What do our cultural awareness courses on China cover?
Every China course we provide is tailor-made, however, below are some of the key topics we tend to cover:
China and the West
- Modern history’s influence on cross-cultural misperceptions
- Breaking cross-cultural stereotypes
- How does culture impact business?
- Theoretical and practical cross-cultural models and examples
- Steps to effective cross-cultural communication
Communicating with the Chinese
- Beliefs, culture, values, ethics, customs and national character
- Interpersonal relations
- Building relationships
- Communication – verbal and non-verbal
- Social etiquette and protocol
Doing Business in China
- Language tuition
- Preparing to travel to China
- Business in China – features, traditions and ethics
- Comparative analysis of Chinese and Western business practices
- Making appointments
- Using intermediaries
- Chinese business etiquette
- Business entertaining
- Cross-cultural man-management
Relocating to China
- Preparing for the move
- What to bring?
- Chinese history, culture and values
- Western perceptions of China
- Chinese attitudes toward foreigners
- The family – raising children, education, holidays
- Spouse coaching
- Public behaviour and etiquette
- Food and drink
- Transport, shopping and entertainment
Our cultural awareness course for China is delivered by consultants with the first-hand experience of living in China. Their expertise and insight into China and its various business practices is an invaluable tool for those preparing to do business in or with China.