The Australian Association of Interpreters and Translators (AUSIT) QLD is organising a free training opportunity for translators and interpreters about the NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme).
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is starting in Queensland. The NDIS is a new way of supporting people with a disability. Interpreters are often booked on the phone and onsite to assist. This workshop will provide a briefing to interpreters and translators regarding what they need to know in order to best support clients of the NDIA (National Disability Insurance Agency).
Expand your knowledge about:
- Disability and disability rights
- What is the NDIA, the NDIS and who is it for?
- When and why might an interpreter be engaged in the NDIS process?
- How can an interpreter best prepare for NDIS related sessions and calls?
- This will count as 10 points towards your professional development.
Click here to register for the session.
9:30am – 1:30pm, Saturday 28 October 2017
Queensland Multicultural Centre, 102 Main St, Kangaroo Point QLD 4169
Attendance fee: Free